Admission to the Practial Nursing (LPN) ProgramEnrollment in the LPN Certificate program is determined on an annual basis and requires all interested students to formally apply for admission each year. The application, free & available on our website, must be submitted prior to December 1st of the year before they are seeking Fall admission. (Ex. December 1st, 2017 is the deadline for Fall 2018 admissions) **All students who wish to be considered for the RN program must first complete a LPN Program and be licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of New York, whether or not the student is a recent NCCC graduate. ADMISSION TO PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAM (LPN) All students must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration. Meeting these requirements will not guarantee admission to the program, which is highly competitive. First Year Admissions:
- Completion of NYS/GED Diploma
- Completion of NYS Regents Biology with passing Regents score of 80 or greater
- Completion of NYS Regents English II with a passing Regents score of 75 or greater
- Completion of NYS Regents Geometry or Algebra II/Trigonometry with a passing Regents score of 75 or greater
- Non-NYS graduates must have completed similar requirements at their previous institution. Out of state residents must score a minimum 450 Math and 450 Verbal on the SAT or 18 on Math and 18 on English portion of ACT
- Student must be in good academic standing at previous institution attended with a minimum GPA of 2.50 / 4.00 and meet the above requirements or their equivalent and have completed college level human biology (4 credits, with a lab component), with a grade of 2.75 (B-) or greater.
- A maximum of 17 credits may be transferred in toward the Certificate: Practical Nursing.