Online Learning Information for Students
A note from Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs, Sarah Maroun
August 26, 2020
Welcome to NCCC! For those of you returning to us, welcome back!
As we enter the Fall 2020 semester, many challenges and exciting opportunities await students, faculty, and staff among colleges across the country. Most of you know that NCCC has chosen to remain in a mostly remote setting for the Fall 2020 semester. While this would not be our preferred method of instruction, we decided it would be the most beneficial approach for us due to the continually changing conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Learning in a remote or fully online setting requires a strong commitment to self-discipline, perseverance, and motivation in order to succeed. It is critical that students communicate with instructors regularly throughout the course, keep up with assignments, and prepare for exams. Online learning is not the same as learning at your own pace. Courses will have established due dates and submitting assignments and exams on time is crucial to your success.
Instructors will be communicating directly with you via email, Blackboard, or other methods, so please be sure to check your NCCC email and your Blackboard course for information regularly. For many of you, online learning has already been part of your college experience, but for some of you, this may be a very different way of learning. We will do all we can to support you and provide access to technology, but we need your help! Please stay in communication with your instructors as soon as you are having problems in your classes.
At a minimum, you will need the following as we move to an online/remote setting:
- Internet Access
- Computer, Tablet, or Phone
- Working NCCC email and Access to Blackboard
- Adequate Time, Good Health, and Self-Discipline to Complete Tasks Remotely (as a rule of thumb, online learning requires an accounting of the hours you would have been in class times three. For an hour class, plan on two outside of class for a total of three).
We are committed to helping you succeed in your coursework for the remainder of the semester. If you need assistance with any of the following:
- Class material? Contact your instructor
- Access to NCCC email, Blackboard, or other technologies? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Device to Access email, Blackboard, or other technologies? Contact email@example.com
- General Information about NCCC Operations: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions: Click on the following links: https://www.nccc.edu/news-events/coronavirus-response-plan.html or https://www.nccc.edu/coronavirus-response/questions.html
Please follow the CDC guidelines: 1) Limit your exposure to any public setting, 2) Stay 6 feet away from others, and 3) wash your hands and use hand sanitizer to limit transmission of the virus.
Stay safe and healthy,
Sarah Maroun, Interim Vice President For Academic Affairs
email@example.com | 518-891-2915 Ext. 1202 |