At NCCC, we know students are juggling complicated lives and that connecting you to the right support services in the community can help you succeed. Below please find a list of resources available in our region.
Call 2-1-1 for human services directory or contact the United Way of the Adirondack Region for referrals.
- Adirondack Community Action Childcare Resources
- Adirondack Kids R Us Childcare (Saranac Lake, NY)
- JCEO Daycare Services
Financial Emergency Resources
- To request financial assistance for unexpected hardship, please explore our our emergency funding options.
- Salvation Army (Empire State Division)
- Salvation Army of Glens Falls
Food Insecurity Resources
- ADKAction Emergency Food Packages
- Catholic Charities - Good Samaritan Food Pantry & Soup Kettle Soup Kitchen (Malone, NY)
- Emmaus Soup Kitchen (Malone, NY)
- First United Methodist Church (Saranac Lake, NY)
- Interfaith Food Pantry at First Presbyterian Church (Saranac Lake, NY)
- JCEO Food Services (Malone, NY & Saranac Lake, NY)
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Regional Food Bank - Essex County
- Regional Food Bank - Franklin County
- SNAP Benefits
Health Service Resources
- CDPHP Health Insurance
- Essex County Public Health Department
- Franklin County Public Health Department
- Hudson Headwaters Health Network
- NY Connects
- New York State of Health (the Official Health Plan Marketplace)
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country New York, Inc.
- A landlord listing is available upon request through the Student Life Office. The College does not screen nor endorse any landlords. This list is information only. Landlords looking to be added to our list may submit information to the Student Life Office using our Landlord Webform.
- The Samaritan House (Saranac Lake, NY)
Legal Service Resources
Mental Health / Psychiatry Service Resources
- New York State Department of Labor - unemployment benefits, CARES Act, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
Veteran's Service Resources
- Clear Path -- 315-687-3300, ext. 15
- Soldier On -- 413-281-4870
- VA Health Care -- 518-414-0817
- VA Clinic (Saranac Lake, NY) -- 518-626-5237
- VA Clinic (Massena, NY) -- 315-705-6666
To recommend or request new resources be added to our list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.