Admissions to Radiologic Technology
Enrollment in the Radiologic Technology program is determined on an annual basis and requires all interested students to formally apply for admission each year. The application, free & available on our website, must be submitted prior to December 1st of the year before they are seeking Fall admission. (Ex. December 1st, 2020 is the deadline for Fall 2021 admissions)
- Completion of NYS/GED Diploma.
- Completion of NYS Regents Biology with passing Regents score of 85 or greater.
- Completion of NYS Regents English II with a passing Regents score of 80 or greater.
- Completion of NYS Regents Geometry or Algebra 2/Trigonometry with a passing Regents score of 80 or greater.
- Completion of NCCC Radiologic Technology Supplemental Application.
Non-NYS graduates must have completed similar requirements at their previous institution. Out of state residents must score a minimum 500 Math and 500 Verbal on the SAT or 20 on Math and 20 on English portion of ACT. Students may be required to complete a supplemental application and/or on- campus interview.
Transfer/Re-admitted/Continuing Student Admission
Student must be in good academic standing at the previous institution attended, with a minimum GPA of 3.00 / 4.00 and meet the above requirements or their equivalent and have completed a college level human biology (4 credits, with a lab component), course with a grade of 3.00 (B) or greater. Completion of NCCC Radiologic Technology Supplemental Application. A maximum of 34 credits may be transferred in toward the AAS: Radiologic Technology degree.
All students who have been admitted to the AAS Radiologic Technology program will be required to show proof of student professional liability insurance and maintain coverage throughout the course of the program.