Accommodative Services (ADA-504)
It is the college's policy to provide, on an individual basis, academic adjustments to students with disabilities that may affect their ability to fully participate in program or course activities or to meet course requirements. The ADA/504 Coordinator and Learning Assistance Center (LAC) directors are available to work with students with physical, learning, psychological, or other disabilities to understand the nature of their disability, to develop self-advocacy skills, and to determine appropriate access plans in relation to their academic endeavor.
The ADA/504 Coordinator will:
- Review your documentation and recommend accommodations.
- Work with the Learning Assistance Center (LAC) to coordinate accommodations.
- Work with the faculty to ensure the best learning environment.
To access these services, students must complete the following steps:
- Provide recent documentation concerning the identified disability as described in the “Accommodations Information Document”.
- Schedule an intake meeting in person or via Zoom with the ADA/504 Coordinator or LAC Coordinator.
Documentation can be either emailed to: email@example.com or mailed to:
23 Santanoni Ave
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Please note that accommodations are not retroactive. Only once the official documentation is received and accepted will accommodations be granted. Please review the “Accommodations Information Document” for complete details.