North Country Navigator
Welcome to North Country Navigator!
This online resource outlines all of the steps needed to get you accepted, registered and ready for the first day of class. Each stage of North Country Navigator starts with a short video designed to help you make quick work of the tasks ahead. Start with the video then zero in on the checklist below it... it's that easy! As always, if you get stuck along the way please reach out to your Enrollment Counselor.
Getting accepted to North Country is as easy as 1-2-3:
Here are the first very important steps you should take to get your financial aid in order:
- Step one: Create your FSA ID at studentaid.ed.gov/fsa-id.
- Step two: Apply for federal aid by submitting your FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa (Our North Country FAFSA code is 007111).
- Step three: Apply for state aid (if you’re a New Your State resident) by submitting your TAP Application at hesc.ny.gov (Our North Country TAP college code is 2258).
Generally speaking, this is the process you’ll walk through to get registered for classes:
- Step one: Preparation: If you’re still working to figure out what academic program is best for you please visit nccc.edu/programs for a good overview of all programs that the college offers. If you’re all set with your program take the next step and check out the upcoming semester’s course offerings at www.nccc.edu/registration. To be fully prepared for your advising appointment please complete the Pre-Advising Checklist and acquaint yourself with our flexible course delivery options.
- Step two: Advising: Soon after confirmation, you’ll be introduced to your academic advisor who will work 1-on-1 with you to create a course schedule that fits your academic goals. Make sure to let your advisor know your outside commitments such as work, family and other obligations.
- Step three: Registration: Finally, you will work with your advisor to register for your upcoming semester classes. Your advisor will be your main point-of-contact for any schedule changes that you need to make before and during the semester.
Online Orientation: Using D2L Brightspace Connect you will travel through the Online Orientation at www.nccc.edu/orientation. During this very important step you will view modules geared towards specific topics. You will learn more about our Business Office, Financial Aid Office, IT Support Services and Registrar’s Office. Additionally, you’ll learn about the College Bookstore, Campus Safety, Counseling, the Learning Assistance Centers, Residence Life and Student Life opportunities and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Additional Support Services: Supporting our students is a top priority. Find more information regarding Career & Transfer Services, counseling partnerships, crisis support, Student Code of Conduct and tobacco treatment & cessation services and emergency funding for students with unmet basic needs at www.nccc.edu/student-support.
Technology is an important part of your overall success at our college so we need to make sure that you are setup properly. Now is the best time to work through our IT Onboarding Checklist together to make sure you’re setup for the first day of class.
- IT Onboarding Checklist: You’ll be walking through your IT Onboarding Checklist with your designated Enrollment Counselor. You will verify access to all of your student accounts which includes D2L Brightspace, Library, Student Portal and Webmail accounts. We’ll also verify that you have adequate devices and reliable internet connections setup to access and complete your coursework.
- IT Help Desk: Technicians are available to help with D2L Brightspace, webmail, Office 365, Saints e-Hub,, college-issued computers and other technology by emailing email@example.com or calling 518-891-2915
You’re starting to see the finish line! Take these last few steps to acquaint yourself with the North Country Bookstore and get your bill paid to hold onto your courses.
- North Country Bookstore: Visit nccc.edu for all of your book, class supplies and North Country clothing needs. For book ordering you’ll need your class schedule handy for use in the “Textbook Look-up" tool. Simply lookup your class by selecting your term, department, three-digit course number and one letter section identifier from your class schedule. Once you’ve added all items to your cart you’ll be able to checkout and choose your desired delivery or pickup method.
- Paying Your Bill: The student portal is your one-stop-shop for all eServices at North Country. To view and pay your bill login to the student portal at https://student.nccc.edu by using the credentials that were provided. Payments are also accepted directly through the Business Office and all bills are due before the first date of class. You will also need to complete the Billing Disclosure and Authorization (BDA) form which can also be found in the portal. Finally, to take advantage of North Country's in-state tuition rates, New York State residents will need to submit a Certificate of Residency form which establishes their county residency. These forms can also be found within the portal and many are county-specific.