NCCC Opportunity Scholarship
Up to $1000/year per student for full time enrollment, and up to $500/year for part-time enrollment. Applies to any individual seeking a degree at North Country Community College for the 2021-2022 semester (six or more credits per semester) and residing in Franklin or Essex counties. Available after any federal or state financial aid up to the cost of attendance. This scholarship cannot be combined with any full time NCCC scholarships detailed below.
This is a non-renewable scholarship for the 2021-2022 Academic Year only. Preference will be given to new, non-traditional-age students (age 22 and over).
Students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov, approved NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) https://www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw/ (if NYS Resident) and have a completed financial aid file (no outstanding documents).
International students are excluded from this scholarship.
Essex and Franklin Scholars Awards (15 credits per semester required)
Up to full cost of tuition, up to 4 semesters. First time students, graduates of an Essex or Franklin county public high school who is a resident of either Essex or Franklin County and graduating with an 85% cumulative average and Regents Diploma with Advance Distinction.
Hodson Scholarship (15 credits per semester required)
Up to $2,000 ($500/semester) towards direct college cost. NYS Residents who submit certificates of residency from any county other than Essex or Franklin. Out-of-State students eligible.
No additional application is required for the Essex, Franklin and Hodson Scholarships:
- Students must be an entering first-time student to NCCC.
- Students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), an approved
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Award application (if NYS Resident) and have a completed financial aid file (no outstanding documents). International students are excluded from this requirement.
- Enrolled and attending 15 credit hours per semester after the add/drop period.
- Scholarship is available for up to four consecutive semesters of full time study.
- Enrollment must be continuous. No break in enrollment.
- Students must be in good academic standing, with cumulative GPA of a 2.0 and making
Satisfactory Academic Progress per Financial Aid regulations. Students who do not
meet this criteria are ineligible for future payments of the scholarship.
Additional Scholarship Opportunity -- Non-PTK and PTK members may apply!
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Application contains access to nearly $1 million in scholarship opportunities, over $41 million in scholarships for All-State Academic Team members, as well as national and statewide recognition.
- Have a minimum of 36 credit hours completed and 3.5 grade point average.
- Be on track to earn an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Be enrolled through December 2021 in a minimum of 6 credit hours of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
For complete guidelines and access to the scholarship application, please visit www.ptk.org/scholarships
Application deadline is December 1, 2021
For more information and assistance, Kate Wells, PTK Advisor at email@example.com
NCCC FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
For additional available scholarships, visit the NCCC Foundation Scholarship Information online.
The North Country Community College Foundation is the philanthropic arm of North Country Community College and is dedicated to helping the college maintain and enhance the quality of educational experiences offered to students and the community. The NCCC Foundation provides financial and resource assistance to the college through scholarships, capital and technological improvements and faculty development opportunities.
Providing student scholarships and awards is a top priority for the Foundation. The generosity of donors allows us to make available a variety of scholarships and awards each year. Our supporters have created scholarships so that a college education can be within reach of every student. Click the link below for current scholarship information and application forms.