FOR PART-TIME & FULL-TIME STUDENTS (Age 22 and over)
NCCC Foundation Opportunity Scholarship – Up to $1000/year per student for full time enrollment, and up to $500/year for part-time enrollment. Applies to any individual seeking a degree at North Country Community College for the 2020-2021 semester (six or more credits per semester) and residing in Franklin or Essex counties. Available after any federal or state financial aid up to the cost of attendance. This scholarship cannot be combined with any full time NCCC scholarships detailed below.
This is a non-renewable scholarship for the 2020-2021 Academic Year only. Preference will be given to new, non-traditional-age students (age 22 and over).
Students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), an approved Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Award application (if NYS Resident) and have a completed financial aid file (no outstanding documents). International students are excluded from this scholarship.
FOR FULL-TIME STUDENTS:
Adirondack Scholarship – Up to $13,200 ($3300/semester) towards direct college cost, Non-NYS Residents
Essex and Franklin Scholars Awards – Up to Full cost of tuition, up to 4 semesters. First Time Students, graduates of an Essex or Franklin county public high school who is a resident of either Essex or Franklin County and graduating with an 85% cumulative average and Regents Diploma with Advance Distinction.
Hodson Scholarship – Up to $2,000 ($500/semester) towards direct college cost. NYS Residents who submit certificates of residency from any county other than Essex or Franklin.
No additional application is required for the Adirondack, Essex and Franklin and Hodson Scholarships:
- Students must be an entering first-time student to NCCC.
- Students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), an approved Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Award application (if NYS Resident) and have a completed financial aid file (no outstanding documents). International students are excluded from this requirement.
- Enrolled and attending 15 credit hours per semester after the add/drop period.
- Scholarship is available for up to four consecutive semesters of full time study.
- Enrollment must be continuous. No break in enrollment.
- Students must be in good academic standing, with cumulative GPA of a 2.0 and making Satisfactory Academic Progress per Financial Aid regulations. Students who do not meet this criteria are ineligible for future payments of the scholarship.
More Scholarship Opportunity -- Non-PTK and PTK members may apply!
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Application contains access to nearly $1 million in scholarship opportunities, over $41 million in scholarships for All-State Academic Team members, as well as national and statewide recognition.
- Have a minimum of 36 credit hours completed and 3.5 grade point average.
- Be on track to earn an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Be enrolled through December 2020 in a minimum of 6 credit hours of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
For complete guidelines and access to the scholarship application, please visit www.ptk.org/scholarships
Application deadline is December 1, 2020
For more information and assistance, Email Kate Wells, PTK Advisor
The North Country Community College Foundation is the philanthropic arm of North Country Community College and is dedicated to helping the college maintain and enhance the quality of educational experiences offered to students and the community. The Foundation provides financial and resource assistance to the college through scholarships, capital and technological improvements and faculty development opportunities.
Providing student scholarships and awards is a top priority for the Foundation. The generosity of donors allows us to make available a variety of scholarships and awards each year. Our supporters have created scholarships so that a college education can be within reach of every student. Click the link below for current scholarship information and application forms.
Visit the NCCC Foundation pages to see other scholarship opportunities.