Minimum Technical Requirements for Online Learning
• 1 Gigahertz (MHz) processor or faster
• At least 2 Gigabytes (GB) of RAM
• At least 20 Gigabytes (GB) of available space on the hard disk
• Antivirus Software • CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
• Keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse or some other compatible pointing device
• Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
• Sound card
• Speakers or headphones
• Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
• Mac OS X
• Internet Explorer 10 (or newer version)
• Firefox / Mozilla (only the current version is supported)
• Safari (only the current version is supported)
• Microsoft Office 2010 or newer (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
• Office Software capable of file coversions to Microsoft Office 2010 or newer
Most courses require you to turn in word processing documents. NCCC currently uses Microsoft Office 2010, so your instructor will be using Microsoft Word 2010. It is your responsibility to turn a file in Microsoft Word format (either 2007 or 2010) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Microsoft Word 2010 is preferred. If you are using a word processing program other than Microsoft Word, consult your program’s help utility to learn how to save files in either Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format formats. If your instructor has specific requirements for file formats or file handling procedures, he or she will tell you in the course syllabus.
Note: If you are taking an online course that requires software other than word processing, please consult the course syllabus for software requirements.
Please contact NCCC's Help Desk email@example.com or 518-891-2915 ext.314 with technology questions.