Massage Therapy Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this degree program, students will be able to do the following:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and function of the human body from a Western Scientific perspective.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and function of the human body from an Eastern Traditional Medicine perspective.
3. Demonstrate manual soft tissue therapy skills for assessment and treatment based in Western scientific perspective of health.
4. Demonstrate the ability for self-assessment of well-being based in an Eastern Traditional Medicine perspective of health.
5. Demonstrate the ability to identify lifestyle management methods and techniques based in an Eastern Traditional Medicine perspective of health.
6. Demonstrate professional and interpersonal competencies for a career as a professional massage therapist.
7. Demonstrate an ability to maintain personal health and wellness through the use of somatic self-care methods and techniques.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of the competencies required for a successful business providing massage therapy services.