At NCCC, we know students are juggling complicated lives and that connecting you to the right support services in the community can help you succeed. Below please find a list of resources available in our region.
Call 2-1-1 for human services directory or contact the United Way of the Adirondack Region for referrals.
Download the Routes to Recovery app for a directory of community resources searchable by location!
- Adirondack Community Action Childcare Resources
- Adirondack Kids R Us Childcare (Saranac Lake, NY)
- JCEO Daycare Services
Financial Emergency Resources
- To request financial assistance for unexpected hardship, please explore our our emergency funding options.
- Salvation Army (Empire State Division)
- Salvation Army of Glens Falls
Food Insecurity Resources
- ADKAction Emergency Food Packages
- Catholic Charities - Good Samaritan Food Pantry & Soup Kettle Soup Kitchen (Malone, NY)
- Emmaus Soup Kitchen (Malone, NY)
- First United Methodist Church (Saranac Lake, NY)
- Interfaith Food Pantry at First Presbyterian Church (Saranac Lake, NY)
The Saranac Lake Interfaith Food Pantry is located at 30 Bloomingdale Avenue, across from Stewart’s. Pantry entrance on left side of the building is open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon. Please bring a photo ID. Food provided: Canned fruit and vegetables, pasta, cereals, cheese, dairy products, frozen meat and frozen vegetables. They also provide gift cards to purchase milk and eggs at Stewart’s and Aldi. For emergency needs call: 518-891-7325 or 518-891-0446
- JCEO Food Services (Malone, NY & Saranac Lake, NY)
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Regional Food Bank - Essex County
- Regional Food Bank - Franklin County
- SNAP Benefits
Health Service Resources
- CDPHP Health Insurance
- Essex County Public Health Department
- Franklin County Public Health Department
- Hudson Headwaters Health Network
- NY Connects
- New York State of Health (the Official Health Plan Marketplace)
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country New York, Inc.
- The Pregnancy Resource Center
Housing Resources (The College does not screen nor endorse any landlords)
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise Classifieds
- COVID Rent Relief Program
- The Samaritan House (Saranac Lake, NY)
- Harriestown Housing Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program of Essex County
Legal Service Resources
Mental Health / Psychiatry Service Resources
- New York State Department of Labor - unemployment benefits, CARES Act, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
Veteran's Service Resources
- Clear Path -- 315-687-3300, ext. 15
- Soldier On -- 413-281-4870
- VA Health Care -- 518-414-0817
- VA Clinic (Saranac Lake, NY) -- 518-626-5237
- VA Clinic (Massena, NY) -- 315-705-6666
To recommend or request new resources be added to our list, please contact email@example.com.