Residence Life & Campus Housing
About Campus Housing:
- Suite-style living with single and double bedrooms available. Every suite includes four bedrooms, a furnished common room, a bathroom and a kitchenette with a microwave and mini-fridge.
- Convenient access to Saints Community Center amenities including student lounge, full kitchen, laundry room, mailboxes & the Residence Life staff office.
- Free WiFi access
- 100% tobacco-free policy applies to indoor and outdoor residential property.
- Close proximity to the Saranac Lake Campus Sparks Athletics Complex, academic buildings, dining facility, college bookstore, and the library.
- Access to a resident meal plan providing 12, 15 or 19 meals per week plus flex dollars.
- Residence Life staff are available 24/7 to assist with student needs. Staff host programs/events throughout the academic year to support students socially and academically while fostering a community that feels welcoming and inclusive.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CAMPUS HOUSING
All residence halls are locked 24 hours a day. Residents are issued a key at move-in that opens their building, suite and bedroom door. Visitors can only gain entry by entering with a current resident hall student. Smoke detectors are in each room and the complex is monitored with a fire alarm system and security cameras. The campus is also patrolled by a security guard from 2:00pm-10:00pm.
Security cameras: Exterior security cameras are installed at the residence halls for the safety of all residents.
The Associate Director of Residence Life & Housing is in the office Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm during the semester. Student staff members (Resident Assistants) are on duty from 8pm-Midnight every night, and are on-call 24 hours a day (518-354-3313). Additionally, professional staff members, including the Associate Director, serve in an Emergency Availability on-call rotation. Resident Assistants report anything unusual to the Associate Director of Residence Life & Housing, Emergency Availability, Campus Security or the Office of Student Life.
Trained staff: The Associate Director of Residence Life & Housing is a professional staff member who lives and works in the residence hall complex, supervising all Resident Assistants and acting on behalf of the North Country Community College Association. The Associate Director is trained to handle many responsibilities including those related to safety, emergencies, and security. In every residence hall, a Resident Assistant is assigned to enforce safety and security policies as well as keep an eye on the health and safety of the residents.
The College makes students aware of safety concerns and tips through hall meetings, accessibility of the staff, presentations, brochures and pamphlets. Any student with a particular question or concern should pay a visit to his or her Resident Assistant or the Associate Director of Residence Life & Housing.
MEET THE STAFF:
NCCC Association, Inc. - General Inquiries, call 518-891-2915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Warren - Executive Director, ext. 1303
- Angela Brice - Assistant Director of Student Life, ext. 4400
- Resident Assistant On-Duty 24/7: 518-354-3313